TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The real reason was due to Bait and Switch.....
People Seeking Info

Subject The real reason was due to Bait and Switch.....

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on July 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  This message has been viewed 420 times.

In Reply To Re: Sure. But what CZP does it target every price point, posted by Stadsport (Nick@CZP) on July 14, 2014 at 07:38 PM

Message Before the experience with the customer in question, I had several people tell me they tried to order our exhaust products from CZP and Coz would tell them "We have the same thing in stock, but it is less money".
The customer your referring to was wanting to buy JWT 530 turbos and 3" downpipes: The Customer contacted me first by email, it was over Christmas vacation and we were closed and out of town.
The customer wanted the product quickly, I informed him we would not be back for 5 days.
The customer asked if anyone else might have our downpipes and JWT turbos in stock? I told the customer most of the dealers do not stock our downpipes, we normally drop ship them, the only one who has stocked them in past year is CZP.
I told the customer it had been many months since the last time CZP had bought any, but if your in a hurry that would be the place to try.
I later found out the customer called CZP and talked directly with Coz, He asked Coz if he had our downpipes in stock, as well as 530 turbos. Coz told him they did have them in stock, but he has a less expensive downpipe that are the same.
The customer told Coz he only wanted to buy Specialty-Z downpipes, but Coz continued to try and push the other product. The customer informed me that Coz asked him 3 times about buying the other brand downpipes. The customer was ready to hang up the phone and was becoming angry at the push of the other downpipes, the customer said "look I only want to buy Specialty-Z downpipes, please do not ask me again about buying something else"!
The transaction was completed, but the customer did not receive what he ordered.
When I got home from vacation, the customer had sent me a email saying he received a different brand downpipe from CZP, also in my email box was a email from Coz asking if I had any 5 bolt downpipes in stock?
The customer was very angry and cancelled the order with CZP and the customer placed the order with us.
I was informed Coz charged the customer shipping and a restocking fee.
I had the same issue years before with CZP doing bait and switch with our 2.5" downpipes, when I found out I had CZP remove all our items from their store.
Years went by and we did business with CZP on other items that were not Specialty-Z.
When we came out with the 3" parts, Coz wanted to sell them, since at the time no one was coping them, I decided to give Coz another chance.
Our downpipe was advertized with all CZP turbo packages, but CZP was not buying inventory.
So when Christmas Vacation story unfolded, I was done allowing CZP to advertize our exhaust products to sell something else.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.